Based on experience
19 days ago
Garratts Wolverhampton Limited
Chartered Accountant Graduate Position
Garratts is one of the largest independent firms of accountants in the region. With five partners and over twenty staff we are of sufficient size to offer areas of specialism and have sufficient resources to service a wide spectrum of clients, all at competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our professional and personal service, testament to this is that new client referrals are predominately from our existing clients.
Main purpose of role:
- Exposure to all roles within a modern accountancy practice.
- Provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start ups to substantial groups.
- Technical on the job training and studying towards your professional qualification which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical and commercial aspects of audit, accountancy, corporate tax, personal tax and additional financial advisory services.
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ACA qualification
- Be able to deliver first class service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of commercial awareness
Work will include:
- Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit, accountancy and taxation tasks for our diverse client base
- Develop an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
- Highlight issues and problems for the attention of senior management
- Become familiar with our accounts, practice management, and tax software
- Understand from the managers the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Discuss queries with client staff, obtaining relevant information and explanations
- Resolve queries whether of an audit, tax or accountancy nature
- VAT Returns and checking
- Management accounts preparation
- Financial forecasts preparation
- Compilation of accounts and financial statements
- Compilation of tax computations and returns
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Degree in Accounting or Finance (minimum a higher class upper degree 2:1)
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Competent on Microsoft applications
Salary will be based on experience.
To apply, please email your CV to Samantha Purchase - firstname.lastname@example.org