Management Accountant and Cloud Accounting Specialist
|Job Title:||Management Accountant and Cloud Accounting Specialist|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2021 12:29|
We are currently looking for a Management Accountant and Cloud Accounting Specialist to join our Outsourcing team.
This role can be based in either of our Woking, London or Solent offices.
The purpose of this role is to prepare management accounts for a wide variety of clients and to carry out cloud accounting advisory work, conversions and training.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with clients and Menzies Managers taking responsibility for the preparation of management accounts and overseeing the client’s accounting activities,
- Maintain accounting records and working papers, calculate and apply month end adjustments to management accounts,
- Competently complete VAT returns applying technical knowledge,
- Perform ad hoc project work as requested– e.g. catch up exercises for clients and tidying up accounting software,
- Build relationships with clients, relationship managers and partners where appropriate,
- Carry out systems conversion work & set up clients’ cloud based systems in a cost effective manner,
- Perform reviews of client’s existing systems, processes and procedures,
- Carry out training sessions for clients and staff on key software such as Xero and Auto Entry,
- Assist with the client on-boarding process and handover to Service Team.
- Supervise and train junior colleagues to ensure high quality standards are met and work completed within the assigned timeframes
- Working towards or qualified in a relevant qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Previous bookkeeping experience
- Accounting related experience either in an accounting practice or within industry
- Cloud based software implementation experience is desirable
- Ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to real life client situations
- Knowledge of Xero & Cloud software efficiencies - e.g. OCR scanning, expense management, bank feeds, reporting apps etc. Able to communicate and implement these for the client
- Strong Excel skills are essential
- Understand compatibility of apps, strengths, weaknesses and appropriateness to client’s business
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Adviser - Cloud Accounting
0 - 0
Outsourcing Semi Senior / Management Accountant
28000 - 38000 + Study + Benefits
Trainee Chartered Accountant and Insolvency Administrator
20000 - 27000
15000 - 18000 depending on age and qualifications
17500 - 20000 depending on qualifications