PA to Head of Tax
|Job Title:||PA to Head of Tax|
|Salary:||£Competitive package, plus excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2019 14:20|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media & entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our teams of accountants, tax advisers and business advisers pride themselves on our entrepreneurial approach to our clients’ personal and business affairs based on trust and expert advice. This, combined with the personalised service and tailored approach our clients receive, means that long-lasting working relationships can continue to be formed.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take an individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understanding and full support.
We are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant to provide full day to day support to the Head of Tax in our Mayfair office. This is a busy and varied role which requires relevant previous experience, ideally within Practice or Professional Services organisation.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive diary management, including travel arrangements and appointment management
- Dictation services for the Head of Tax, including but not limited to emails and correspondence to clients
- Providing full administration support, including filing, correspondence to clients, minute taking, setting up new clients and updating CCH
- Arranging various events and seminars, including entertainment events, annual quiz, sports nights, cocktail parties amongst others
- Financial support, including running WIP reports, checking HMRC notices, Drafting 31 January and 31 July payment requests
- Responsibility for updating the income and expenditure schedule for sundry clients
- Receiving and dealing with telephone calls professionally, re-directing or taking messages and using initiative to deal with queries
- Preparing expenses sheets and timesheets
- Raising invoices for clients as and when required
- Cover for all other PA’s within the department as and when is necessary
- Any other duties as requested, including ad hoc tasks
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – Change, Challenge and Commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
Naturally you will be able to offer and demonstrate previous PA/EA experience, ideally within accountancy or professional services organisation. You will be confident in working to a high standard, have excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to your work. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent typing skills
- Proactive, robust and self-motivated, with a drive for ideas, suggestions and improvements
- Ability to manage own workload
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying a level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through trust and credibility.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.