Competitive salary & package
4 days ago
Part Qualified Accountant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the fastest growing bread brand in the UK. We are looking for an ambitious and driven part qualified accountant to join our Head Office finance team in High Wycombe. You will be part of a dynamic team with instant exposure to different areas of the business - all whilst being funded and fully supported for your training towards your desired accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT). You will primarily be involved in month end reporting and day to day financial accounting, including preparation of statutory accounts, with opportunities to be involved in other areas of Finance as you progress. You will be supported in your journey by a genuine and helpful team. This gives you as a trainee the perfect environment to become a qualified accountant.
This role reports into the Senior Financial Accountant with regular exposure to the Financial Controller and Finance Director.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with your peer and line manager to ensure a smooth period close process, responsible for ensuring timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements.
- Maintaining up to date account reconciliations for key accounts, ensuring timely resolution of reconciling items, adequate back up is provided for all bookings and constant process improvement
- Calculate accruals and prepayments, preparing schedules and collating supporting documentation to help validate balances for external auditors.
- Support the interim and annual statutory audit, taking responsibility for providing information and answering auditors’ queries for agreed areas.
- Gain an understanding of the processes and procedures for the Treasury function and provide cover when required
- Preparation of the monthly VAT return and tax pack information for the annual Corporation Tax returns.
- Preparation and filing of Office of National Statistics returns (monthly, quarterly and annually
- Build strong relationships with other teams within Finance, including Site teams, being a trusted point of contact for areas of responsibility including responding to ad-hoc queries and information requests
- Providing support to the Senior Finance Leadership team and other business teams as required
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Part Qualified accountant
- Strong Excel skills (essential)
- Team player with “can do” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Integrity and honesty
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Location: Based in High Wycombe
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent