Part Qualified Accounts Trainee
|Job Title:||Part Qualified Accounts Trainee|
|Contact Name:||Anna Gibbs|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 11:01|
Reporting to the Partners and Managers, this position is designed to provide a broad but high level of client service to our clients, primarily owner managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnerships. The main purpose of the role is the preparation of year end accounts; preparation of tax returns and providing business advice to clients. You will continue with studying to complete your professional experience with a view to become a qualified accountant.
Main Duties & Responsibilties
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients for review by managers.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes
- Prepare tax computation and draft for review
- Highlights any deficiencies in client records provided or in the conduct of the client’s business which are material or a cause for concern and recommends action to client to improve matters.
- To ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed.
- Management accounts preparation
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including reviewing work once complete.
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email.
- To complete the ACA/ACCA qualification.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Part qualified currently studying towards the ACA/ACCA qualification
- Previous demonstrable practice experience
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements.
- Experience of working with Sage 50 Accounts.
- Experience of working with CCH and Xero.
- Experience in the preparation of corporation tax computations and personal tax returns.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
- Ability to manage workload and time effectively.
- Self-motivation and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively solve problems
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's