0 - 0
9 days ago
Searching for the right place to do your Placement year and want to work for one of the best companies in the UK? (we have the awards to prove it) where you get support but also excitement and an amazing culture?
Are you curious? Inquisitive? Always asking questions wondering how things tick?
Do you have a love of numbers, analytics and problem solving?
Can you think beyond the here and now and take a “birds eye view” of things?
Do you love building relationships whether it’s with your team or strangers?
Do you want to experience your placement for one of the best companies to work for in the UK and the UK's Best Tax Employer (we have the awards to prove it)?
Brilliant! Then you don’t want to miss this….
We’re killing it....
We are one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. We were voted as the #No1 Accountancy firm to work for in the UK by the Best Companies awards 2021, along with a host of other awards including Employer of the year at the Tolley’s Tax Awards so what make’s us so special?
Well, keep reading to find out….
What you'll be up to
We will make sure that you have a solid introduction to the business – to set you up for success. We have roles available across our tax team so we don’t always expect you to know which area will be right for you; our amazing team here will help to guide you on the start of your accountancy journey and really find which area will play to your strengths. As part of the Tax team you will be based in the Midlands and you will have the opportunity to progress and learn other finance related business areas.
Placement duties vary, but day to day you could be:
• Working in small teams to really understand our clients and what they want to achieve. Then advising them on how to get there after training
• Turning complex jargon into simple terms and actions for our brilliant clients
• Making sure our clients are compliant by preparing and submitting their tax returns
• Liaising with HMRC around tax returns and gaining tax reliefs
• Generating new ideas, solutions and spotting opportunities to enhance our client offering
• Supporting and coaching other trainees as you progress
We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development.
What we're looking for
You need great attention to detail, a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within legislative guidelines. As a major part of our work is client based so you need to be comfortable approaching clients and asking questions.
We look for people who:
• Take ownership of their own development
• Like working to pace with an insatiable hunger to succeed
• Are curious to find the best way of doing things
• Can deliver a brilliant client experience
• Aren’t afraid of failure and can turn mistakes into learnings
• Act with integrity and authenticity leaving their ego at the door
• Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
• Play all in to support the wider team
What's in it for you...
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1. We start doing that by putting our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
• Competitive salaries aligned to big firms
• Open holidays
• Salary sacrifice car scheme
• No dress code - just “Wear something!”
• Incredible ongoing development and career growth
• A truly flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients - “Work From Anywhere, Forever”
• Study support /leave and professional memberships
• Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
• Some of the most impressive offices in the UK
• Regular social events
• Volunteering / charity days
Are we a match?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Cooper Parry and it’s really important we recruit like-minded individuals into our teams.
• Play all in – we are committed, engaged and driven
• In it together – we believe in all for one and one for all
• Be Nice – we are kind, humble and authentic
• Be Brave – we are bold, entrepreneurial and rebellious
• Keep Learning – we explore, discover and are curious
A little more about life at CP….
We are challenging grey...
We are challenging boring. We are challenging status quo. Our people engagement scores are through the roof – our people are fully engaged in everything we do - from how we embrace technology and workplace design to how we create innovative and flexible working patterns that have a positive impact on the service our clients receive and on the lives of our people. Our culture is who we are and it genuinely shapes our strategy and the experience for our clients. The way in which we operate and the incredible environment we are building is hugely advantageous to those wanting to combine a career in practice with an unrivalled culture and personal growth opportunity.
We are building a truly modern workplace culture...
We’ve always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress (our only rule is ‘wear something’) to when you work (we have no ‘core hours’) and how often you holiday (we have open holiday). We have just introduced another game-changing element we call ‘Work From Anywhere. Forever’ (WFAF!). We now give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, and potentially from anywhere, giving our people the trust and accountability to deliver to the required standards.
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about. Then, work flexibly to design a life that’s right for you.
It’s different here. Read our culture book for yourself https://flipcarten.com/culture-book/mobile/index.html #makelifecount