|Job Title:||Practice Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Steve Haslehurst|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2019 13:53|
Bennett Brooks Chartered Accountants, a successful and established firm with 7 UK based offices, is now looking for a Senior Practice Accountant/Manager to join our Head Office team.
Based at our Northwich office, you will be assisting the Head of Small Business and managers within the department, with a varied portfolio of small business clients.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with small businesses in an accounting practice.
You will be keen to work within a busy team and enjoy client interaction.
A full UK driving licence will be required.
The role will involve:
- Preparation and review of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and
- Completing monthly bookkeeping and quarterly VAT returns.
- Use of computer software including IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
- Preparation of income tax and corporation tax computations and returns.
- Assistance with the preparation and filing of Construction Industry Scheme returns.
- Assisting trainee accountants within the team.
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Dealing with client queries and building ongoing client relationships.
- Other ad-hoc assignments as assigned by the Head of Small Business.
- Ensuring that adequately trained and experienced staff are allocated to assignments to ensure
- that work is completed as cost effectively as possible.
- Ensuring that clients’ work is dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensuring communication within the management team is effective and efficient in order to
- achieve the firm’s goals.
There are opportunities within the role to work towards increasing your own portfolio of clients and building/developing client relationships.
- 36 days holiday – inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
- Staff Pension scheme
- Buy and Sell Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's