34000 - 40000
12 days ago
Godfrey Wilson Limited
Godfrey Wilson is an award-winning charity-specialist practice in Bristol. Having built a reputation as a leading provider of audit and accountancy services to small and medium-sized charities, we now work with over 200 charities in Bristol and nationally.
Having seen double-digit growth in each of the last 5 years, we now have opportunities for experienced, ACA/ACCA qualified auditors to join our Bristol-based team.
Perhaps you’re looking to move out of London to get a better work-life balance. Or maybe you’re looking for a more values-driven firm that can offer a greater sense of purpose and fulfilment. Or maybe you’re seeking a firm with better career progression opportunities.
We are privileged to work with a fascinating and inspiring portfolio of clients, the majority of whom are charities and social-purpose organisations. Auditing a charity is more than just compliance work – it’s an opportunity to add value and help them to be more effective and impactful in what they do. This is what sets us apart from other audit firms – the chance to make a difference and derive real purpose from your job.
We are a close-knit, people-focused firm. We recognise that our success is due to the skills and professionalism of our team. We are looking for exceptional people who are driven to provide the highest levels of customer service and who are committed to delivering quality and excellence.
We are a thinking firm - we don't use audit software or accounts production software. Instead we have developed our own work programmes and templates, and trust our staff to use their skills, experience and judgement to determine the audit approach and tasks.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, flexible working hours, remote-working options, generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, bonus scheme, training and development opportunities, and summer and Christmas social events. Above all, you will get to work with inspirational charity clients and like-minded colleagues who are passionate about making the world a better place.
Qualifications & Experience:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (essential).
- External audit experience: minimum 3 years (essential). Candidates should be confident completing end-to-end audit engagements for manager review.
- Accounts preparation experience: confident in the manual preparation of accounts from trial balance, including consolidations (essential).
- Experience of training and supervising audit trainees (essential).
- Experience of charity accounting and the SORP (desirable).
Skills & Attributes:
- Passion for and commitment to the charity sector – the desire to help our charity clients to become more effective by providing advice and support on finance, accounting and governance issues.
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service and an ability to build a strong rapport with clients.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects, including taking responsibility for quality control, fee budgets and deadlines.
- Ability to manage a busy schedule with resilience and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to provide assistance and meaningful feedback to junior members of the team, to aid their training and development.
- Desire to remain in practice and play an integral role in the success of the firm.
- A valid full UK driving licence and access to a car, as travel to client sites is required, including some overnight stays (subject to COVID restrictions).
Salary & Benefits
Salary of £34,000 - £40,000.
25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
35 hour working week.
Flexible working hours.
Hybrid working model including some home/remote working.
NEST pension scheme.
Annual bonus scheme (up to 10% of salary - discretionary, performance-related).
Excellent career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Team social events.
High quality offices in city-centre location.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel you would be right for the job to Alison Godfrey (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you’d like an informal discussion about the role, please call the office on 0117 971 3445 to arrange a time to speak to Alison.