|Job Title:||R&D Consultant|
|Salary:||25000 - 30000|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Menzies|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2019 09:12|
We are a business advisory housing 13 specialist services with each team dedicated to offering the best possible service to owner-managed and SME businesses across the UK.
Our key to achieving this is through our knowledgeable, energetic and agile team who work hard to assist our client’s businesses, helping them not only with their day-to-day business needs but also to build and deliver their business strategies, goals and ambitions.
We always seek the best talent, looking for individuals who are technically brilliant, solution-focused and continually strive to be the best in class. Each member of our team plays an integral part in creating the unique feel and culture of our business, which in turn helps us continue to grow, develop and evolve.
Position: R&D Technical Consultant
Location: Leicester, LE4 9LJ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000, depending on experience and study support
About the role:
Our approach is to ensure we provide our clients with the best talent for each service. That’s why we structure the business to meet our clients’ needs. We have a team dedicated to the optimisation of Research & Development (R&D) which includes former HMRC employees, engineers and consultants. Due to huge client demand we are therefore looking for an R&D Technical Consultant to join our team.
The role of R&D Technical Consultant within the team will be to liaise with key clients to understand their eligibility for R&D tax reliefs. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing each claim from start to finish with the support of our excellent team.
The ideal candidate will have experience drafting R&D technical reports, substantiating the R&D claims, assessing which method of data collection should be used in each individual case and quantifying the R&D claims. They will also be responsible for communicating with clients throughout the project and corresponding with HMRC.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who is keen to progress and drive forward new opportunities, including networking and pitching for new work; working with the sales and marketing team.
- ATT qualified, as a minimum, CTA would be beneficial
- AAT/ACCA would also be considered beneficial, however not essential
- Solid UK corporation tax experience, ideally obtained within practice
- Strong report writing skills are essential for the role
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Experience of managing and controlling workflows in a practice environment
- Ability to confidently work alone but also be a team player
- Excellent time management
- The ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and respond promptly to requests
- Be proficient in Outlook and Word
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel to an advanced level
- Experience liaising with HMRC on a tax or R&D basis would be hugely beneficial
What is on offer:
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience and study support
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Rewards and incentives
- Annual performance related bonus
- Flexible benefits - self-service benefits platform
- Quarterly functions and events
- Parking on-site
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Regular training and development