Accountancy Trainee (ACA)
|Job Title:||Accountancy Trainee (ACA)|
|Salary:||17000 - 22000|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2021 11:31|
Mouktaris & Co are looking for a smart and driven Graduate or School Leaver wishing to train as a Chartered Accountant and build a career in finance.
Mouktaris & Co will support the successful candidate in his or her pursuit of the ACA professional qualification via an Apprenticeship. The successful candidate will begin in April 2021 and commence studies in July 2021.
Initially you will experience the flavour of working in an accounting practice, including the clients, systems, internal processes and third parties. The role will evolve to all functions of an accounting practice, including:
- Bookkeeping and VAT, using accounting software such as Xero, QuickBooks and ReceiptBank
- End of year accounts and Management accounts
- Personal tax and planning
- Corporate tax
- Dealing with HMRC, clients and third parties
- General administrative support, including processing payment runs, generating relevant reports and communicating with suppliers
Alongside this you’ll receive full on the job training on all aspects of accountancy, taxation and business advisory and work with clients from a variety of sectors, to enable you to become a fully rounded chartered accountant.
Working at Mouktaris & Co offers a varied and broad experience which will offer a good grounding in finance for a successful career. This position will have a 3-5 year training contract, by the end of which the candidate will be fully qualified.
Our salary and benefits package are very competitive, with work-life balance being key in our firms’ culture, and your package will include;
- Competitive salary (increases at key ACA milestones)
- Cycle scheme
- Social events
- Local perks
There is potential to progress within the firm. Those who are proactive and apply a strong work ethic will unlock opportunities to progress. Guidance and training will be offered from day one from highly experienced professionals and face-time with clients will be encouraged in time.
We believe that each trainee has a chance of becoming a partner, and we'll try to support you to achieve your full potential.
What brings us together at Mouktaris & Co is a positive mental attitude and a strong work ethic. We are looking for someone who will:
- Have a strong Graduate degree and/or A-Levels (including GCSE’s in both Maths and English at grade B or above (or equivalent))
- Study towards the ACA qualification. This means taking personal responsibility for the development of your career.
- Deliver over-and-above client service. This means understanding how your theoretical knowledge delivers in the real world.
- Be based locally
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Organise and prioritise your own workload
Competency/Technical skills needed
Accountancy is a people-focused profession. Our mission is to deliver expert information, analysis and advisory, meaning our people are not only technically astute, but also proactive and practical with their knowledge. By that we mean people alive to interacting with people, to share knowledge and ideas- and to overcome hurdles. Our culture is therefore built around three priorities:
- deliver over-and-above value to our clients
- lead by example
- be alive to the opportunities of technology
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's