Accountancy Trainee (CFAB/AAT/ACA)
|Job Title:||Accountancy Trainee (CFAB/AAT/ACA)|
|Salary:||17000 - 22000|
|Contact Name:||Anastasis Mouktaris|
|Job Published:||February 13, 2019 17:45|
Mouktaris & Co is looking for a smart and driven Graduate or School Leaver wishing to train as a Chartered Accountant and build a career in finance.
Mouktaris & Co will support the successful candidate in his or her pursuit of the ACA professional qualification, first via the CFAB/AAT route and later with the Level 7 Apprenticeship.
Initially you will experience the flavour of working in an accounting practice, including the clients, systems, internal processes and third parties. The role will evolve to all functions of an accounting practice, including:
- Personal tax and planning
- Corporate tax
- Information Technology (I.T.) and its applications in finance
- Bookkeeping and VAT
- End of year accounts
- Management accounts
- Dealing with HMRC, clients and third parties
Alongside this you’ll receive full on the job training on all aspects of accountancy, taxation and business advisory and work with clients from a variety of sectors, to enable you to become a fully rounded chartered accountant.
Working at Mouktaris & Co offers a varied and broad experience which will offer a good grounding in finance for a successful career. This position will have a 3-5 year training contract, by the end of which the candidate will be fully qualified.
There is potential to progress within the firm. Those who are proactive and apply a strong work ethic will unlock opportunities to progress. Guidance and training will be offered from day one from highly experienced professionals and face-time with clients will be encouraged in time.
We believe that each trainee has a chance of becoming a partner, and we'll try to support you to achieve your full potential.
What brings us together at Mouktaris & Co is a positive mental attitude and a strong work ethic. We are looking for someone who will:
- Have a strong Graduate degree and/or A-Levels
- Study towards the ACA qualification. This means taking personal responsibility for the development of your career.
- Deliver over-and-above client service. This means understanding how your theoretical knowledge delivers in the real world.
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Organise and prioritise your own workload
Competency/Technical skills needed
Accountancy is a people-focused profession. Our mission is to deliver expert information, analysis and advisory, meaning our people are not only technically astute, but also proactive and practical with their knowledge. By that we mean people alive to interacting with people, to share knowledge and ideas- and to overcome hurdles. Our culture is therefore built around three priorities:
- deliver over-and-above value to our clients
- lead by example
- be alive to the opportunities of technology