Senior Adviser - Accounting + Advisory
|Job Title:||Senior Adviser - Accounting + Advisory|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Rigbye|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2020 14:52|
PM+M is a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and our goal is to be the best north-west firm of finance professionals.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Accounts + Advisory team as a Senior Adviser. This role would involve working between the teams based in the Bury and Burnley offices of PM+M, so regular travel between the two offices should be expected.
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work as part of the Accounts + Advisory providing an excellent client service to a range of SME’s with turnover levels ranging between £250k and £10 million in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of accounts in accordance with FRS102 and FRS102 1a, for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies both in house and at clients premises for a wide range of industries.
- Preparation of management accounts, cash flow forecasts and projections using various software packages both in house and on site.
- Preparation of corporate tax return information and review of computation.
- Supervising and training team members.
Reporting and performance management:
- Reporting to the Accounts + Advisory Manager.
- Quarterly performance reviews, alongside an annual personal development plan, to ensure development is maintained to help you reach your full potential.
- Professional, technical and soft skill training.
We also want you to be:
- Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
- Passionate about providing great client service.
- Great at communicating with people at all levels – face to face and in writing.
- Positive and good at using your initiative.
- Good at working under pressure.
- Motivated and well organised.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications Xero, QBO, Sage Line 50, CCH, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
- Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
Salary: Dependent on experience
- 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas closedown)
- On site free parking
- Flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private medical insurance, extra holidays etc.
- Employer pension contribution of 8%
- Death in Service life cover of 4 x salary
- Full technical training and support
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's