|Job Title:||Tax Apprenticeship|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 10:27|
A BDO client will generally have some short – term goals and a long- term vision; but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Our team of senior tax specialists guarantee a personal service delivering accurate, authoritative advice and guidance on all tax-related matters to help our clients solve tax issues quickly and efficiently whatever the size of your company. As the UK Member Firm of BDO International, we have a great rapport to advise their businesses wherever they do business.
Your role will be to assist the Trainees, Tax Associates and Managers as part of a wider team to service our clients. This will involve the preparing tax computations, dealing with administration and assisting on advisory projects. The majority of the work will be undertaken in the office but you will be required to attend client’s premises to prepare tax computations from time to time. You will correspond directly with clients and HMRC via phone calls, emails and meetings.
BDO offer the ACA CTA Joint Programme enabling you to become Associate Chartered Accountants (ACA) and Chartered Tax Advisors (CTA) . You will gain two qualification from two institutes under a Level 7 apprenticeship. The ACA CTA Joint Programme gives you the opportunity to specialise in one of three areas – taxation of major corporates, owner-managed businesses or indirect tax. The programme offers a fast-track route to become a specialist in tax. The duration of this programme is 48 months.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Trainees, Tax Associates and Managers as part of a wider team to service their client, prepare client tax computations and returns supervised by the Senior Tax Associates and Manager
• Ensure clients’ files have all relevant documentation and are checked thoroughly on a regular basis
• Carry out ad hoc assignments which is required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the Senior Tax Associate and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards is maintained
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their Manager
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
AAT Trainee under Apprenticeship Programme
Competitive plus training contract
Tax Junior (Audit & Accounts)
£Competitive package with excellent benefits and study support
KPMG Channel Islands Tax Trainee vacancies
Tax Trainee - September 2020 or January 2021
Tax Trainee - Apprentice/School Leaver - September 2020 or January 2021