Tax Consultant, Graduate (Private Client)
3 days ago
At Buzzacott, we describe ourselves as friendly and professional, with values ingrained in our culture of trust, client focus, exceptional service, specialist knowledge and approachability. We all work together under one roof, as the largest single-office accountancy firm in the UK, giving you the opportunity to collaborate, build relationships and shine from day one.
We are looking for values-driven, bright graduates to join us for our September 2021 intake of tax trainees in our Private Client team.
The team work with individuals on some of the biggest financial decisions that they may face. The core of the work focuses on “mapping” the assets of an individual, family or business, and assessing the opportunities available to them, minimising their liability. Many of the team’s clients use Buzzacott for other services, so there is the opportunity to work closely and build relationships with colleagues in other teams around the firm. To find out more about the team, please click here.
We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors. Internally, you’ll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a trainee buddy, partners and senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
You will undertake the undertake the Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) professional tax qualifications before training to be a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA), over approximately 36 months. You’ll build on technical skills and also on your personal and professional development. Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors’ offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You are a graduate with an inquiring mind and a sociable disposition, a problem solver with high standards, who thrives in a meritocracy.
- You are able to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with both clients and team members.
- You are keen to take ownership from an early stage and are committed to providing excellent client service at all times.
- You are a strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise your time to studying and working simultaneously.
In order to apply for this role, you will need to have:
- Or expect to obtain a 2.1 degree in any discipline, or equivalent
- A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your top 3 A-levels, or equivalent (300 using the old tariff)
- A minimum of Level 5 (B grade using the old system) in GSCE Maths and English Language, or equivalent
- The right to work in the UK without restrictions for the duration of the training contract
Please note we do not accept General Studies or applications from part-qualified applicants.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott and our approach to Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website.
To find out more about our recruitment process and to read our trainee FAQs, please visit our website.