|Job Title:||Tax Graduate|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||October 14, 2019 16:52|
A BDO client will generally have some short – term goals and a long- term vision; but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Our team of senior tax specialists guarantee a personal service delivering accurate, authoritative advice and guidance on all tax-related matters to help our clients solve tax issues quickly and efficiently whatever the size of your company. As the UK Member Firm of BDO International, we have a great rapport to advise their businesses wherever they do business.
You will work with other members of the Tax team in order to support clients in achieving their goals. This is realised through assisting with day-to-day tax compliance and through specific tax advice.
Tax compliance is an important service provided to clients to ensure that they are meeting their statutory obligations. In your role you will prepare tax returns, this will give you an insight into the client’s business and assist in developing your tax knowledge.
Further to tax compliance, you will be involved in advising clients in a wide variety of tax matters. It is important that you have a high level understand of the array of different taxes in order to flag potential risks or opportunities to clients. Therefore, you will be part of our rotation program during the first three years of your career. The rotation program allows you to work in various different parts of our tax team specialising in different taxes for a number of months a year. This will ensure you gain a wider understanding of tax as a whole and the services we can offer to our clients.
BDO offer the Tax Pathway qualification on the Level 7 apprenticeship programme. In a dynamic, fast-moving industry, the demand for highly-qualified tax professionals has never been greater. The Tax Pathway provides a streamlined and efficient route to becoming a tax professional. The Tax Pathway enables you to achieve membership of both the ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) and the CIOT (Chartered Institute of Taxation). The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Trainees, Tax Associates and Managers as part of a wider team to service their client, prepare client tax computations and returns supervised by the Senior Tax Associates and Manager
• Ensure clients’ files have all relevant documentation and are checked thoroughly on a regular basis
• Carry out ad hoc assignments which is required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the Senior Tax Associate and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards is maintained
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their Manager
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's