|Job Title:||Tax Graduate|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 10:27|
A BDO client will generally have some short – term goals and a long- term vision; but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
You will be part of the business tax team, working with more senior staff to ensure that all client needs are met. You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal skills together with an ability and interest in understanding the clients’ business.
At first, you will largely be dealing with compliance issues – providing figures for statutory accounts and preparing corporation tax returns. As you progress, you will be tackling more complex projects, advising senior staff at our clients on tax issues and opportunities, dealing with HMRC and getting to grips with complex tax advisory projects. Our work involves working closely with our audit colleagues and also includes providing transaction support to our corporate finance team. There may also be opportunities to work with other tax teams including our private client services team, advising individuals on their tax affairs, our transfer pricing team, providing an opportunity to learn about transfer pricing principles and our global employer services team, working with clients on issues such as share plans and incentives.
BDO offer the ACA CTA Joint Programme enabling you to become Associate Chartered Accountants (ACA) and Chartered Tax Advisors (CTA) . You will gain two qualification from two institutes under a Level 7 apprenticeship. The ACA CTA Joint Programme gives you the opportunity to specialise in one of three areas – taxation of major corporates, owner-managed businesses or indirect tax. The programme offers a fast-track route to become a specialist in tax. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Trainees, Tax Associates and Managers as part of a wider team to service their client, prepare client tax computations and returns supervised by the Senior Tax Associates and Manager
• Ensure clients’ files have all relevant documentation and are checked thoroughly on a regular basis
• Carry out ad hoc assignments which is required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the Senior Tax Associate and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards is maintained
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their Manager
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
16000 + Study
Tax Junior (Audit & Accounts)
£Competitive package with excellent benefits and study support
Graduate Accounting Position- London
20000 - 70000
Graduate Trainee Accountant (ACA)
Graduate Trainee Chartered Accountant
Competitive salary and comprehensive training package