Tax Graduate - 2019
|Job Title:||Tax Graduate - 2019|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 14:24|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
A BDO client will generally have some short – term goals and a long- term vision; But standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Our team of senior tax specialists guarantee a personal service delivering accurate, authoritative advice and guidance on all tax-related matters to help our clients solve tax issues quickly and efficiently whatever the size of your company. As the UK Member Firm of BDO International, we are well connected to advise their businesses wherever they do business.
As a Tax Trainee your Programme is a 3 year structured programme around working and studying. You will study towards an appropriate qualification, usually either the joint ACA/CTA qualification (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Chartered Institute of Taxation).
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Trainees, Tax Associates and Managers as part of a wider team to service their client
• Prepare client tax computations and returns supervised by the Senior Tax Associates and Manager
• Ensure client files have all relevant documentation and are continually maintained
• Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the Senior Tax Associate and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards are met
• Candidates must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their Manager
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
• A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
• 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
• A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's