Tax Graduate - Capital Allowances
|Job Title:||Tax Graduate - Capital Allowances|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2019 16:35|
A BDO client will generally have some short – term goals and a long- term vision- But standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Within Real Estate and Construction tax the majority of our clients have interests in UK or overseas real estate or construction projects either as property investors, developers and house builders or have significant property assets for their own occupation such as conference centres, care homes and pubs. Our clients include UK and overseas listed companies, owner-managed businesses, property investment funds and partnerships and overseas investors in UK property.
We help clients meet their annual tax compliance obligations in respect of all relevant taxes including corporation tax, income tax and VAT and we advise them how to structure their business transactions efficiently in respect of all taxes liaising with overseas colleagues and specialists in areas such as VAT and transfer pricing as required.
As a Tax Trainee your Programme is a 3 year structured programme around working and studying. You will study towards the joint ACA/CTA qualification (from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Chartered Institute of Taxation).
Business Area Overview
Trainees can be involved in a variety of aspects of the client relationship reporting to the seniors and managers as part of the wider client service team. These would include:
• Preparation of engagement letters
• Undertaking procedures to comply with our client acceptance obligations
• Technical analysis of property documentation and construction information
• Preparation of capital allowances reports
• Visiting client properties to carry out on-site inspections and surveys
• Drafting letters and emails to clients
• Maintaining client files ensuring that all relevant documentation is filed appropriately
• Attending meetings with clients
• Liaising and meeting with lawyers and client project consultants to collate project information
• Researching relevant legislation and case law with regard to specific client situations
• Assisting with business development and marketing our services and preparing client proposals
• Other ad hoc requirements as may reasonably be required by line managers
Undertaking these responsibilities will require trainees to exhibit a varied skill set including:
• Taking personal ownership and responsibility for client matters
• Managing time effectively to ensure delivery of work cost effectively and under time pressure
• Communicating complex matters both verbally and in writing clearly and understandably
• A commitment to delivering exceptional client service
• The ability to act with honesty and integrity and in compliance with all relevant professional standards
Alongside their day to day work commitments, trainees will also be expected to undertake any training or development required for their role and for the purpose of studying for their professional qualifications.
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
• A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
• 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
• A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's