Tax Graduate - Capital Allowances
|Job Title:||Tax Graduate - Capital Allowances|
|Salary:||19000 - 24000|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2018 14:54|
A BDO client will generally have some short – term goals and a long- term vision- But standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Within Real Estate and Construction tax the majority of our clients have interests in UK or overseas real estate or construction projects either as property investors, developers and house builders or have significant property assets for their own occupation such as retailers, hotels, manufacturers, care homes, student accommodation, stadium and pubs. In addition, our clients may invest in major infrastructure assets including for example renewables. Our clients include UK and overseas listed companies, owner-managed businesses, property investment funds and partnerships and overseas investors in UK property.
We help clients optimise their tax allowances and incentives for expenditure incurred on the acquisition, construction, refurbishment and fitting out of property and expenditure on assets. Capital allowances are a significant part of the annual tax compliance process and we assist clients with ensuring all qualifying assets and expenditure is identified and included within their tax computations and returns. We advise them how to structure their property transactions efficiently in respect of all taxes liaising with overseas colleagues and specialists in areas such as corporate tax, income tax and VAT as required. As part of the Real Estate & Construction team you will also be part of the national Capital Allowances team and work with colleagues across all areas of BDO.
As a Tax Trainee your Programme is a 3 year structured programme around working and studying. You will be studying towards an appropriate qualification during the time.
Business Area Overview
Trainees can be involved in a variety of aspects of the client relationship reporting to the seniors and managers as part of the wider client service team. These would include:
• Preparation of engagement letters
• Undertaking procedures to comply with our client acceptance obligations
• Technical analysis of property documentation and construction information
• Preparation of capital allowances reports
• Visiting client properties to carry out on-site inspections and surveys
• Drafting letters and emails to clients
• Maintaining client files ensuring that all relevant documentation is filed appropriately
• Attending meetings with clients
• Liaising and meeting with lawyers and client project consultants to collate project information
• Researching relevant legislation and case law with regard to specific client situations
• Assisting with business development and marketing our services and preparing client proposals
• Other ad hoc requirements as may reasonably be required by line managers
Undertaking these responsibilities will require trainees to exhibit a varied skill set including:
• Taking personal ownership and responsibility for client matters
• Managing time effectively to ensure delivery of work cost effectively and under time pressure
• Communicating complex matters both verbally and in writing clearly and understandably
• A commitment to delivering exceptional client service
• The ability to act with honesty and integrity and in compliance with all relevant professional standards
Alongside their day to day work commitments, trainees will also be expected to undertake any training or development required for their role and for the purpose of studying for their professional qualifications.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's