Tax Graduate - Expatriate Tax - 2019
|Job Title:||Tax Graduate - Expatriate Tax - 2019|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2019 09:43|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
A BDO client will generally have some short-term goals and a long-term vision. But standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Our Human Capital Tax department is made up of approximately 50 team members, primarily centred in London. We advise companies with regard to tax and social security issues affecting employers and employees. The wider department is split into three teams: Employment Taxes (compliance and remuneration planning), Share Plans & Incentives (employee incentivisation) and Expatriate Tax (employees moving around the globe).
Graduates joining us on the Graduate Programme will spend 3 years working in the business and during that time will study towards the CTA (Chartered Institute of Taxation), allowing you to become fully qualified.
Our Expatriate Tax Team assist and manage the tax and social security issues that arise from having an internationally mobile workforce, helping companies and employees deal with the issues arising on moving from one country to another.
Working in another country can be exciting but ensuring an employee meets their personal tax compliance obligations is unlikely to be at the top of any expat’s agenda. We collate and prepare tax returns, perform tax and payroll calculations, carry out assignment cost reviews including the analysis of employee benefits, salary and incentives packages to provide an overall cost comparison of an assignment package. We provide rounded advice to our clients, advising on the short and longer-term cross-border tax implications of their assignment.
A role within the Expatriate Tax Team would provide an opportunity to learn about all aspects of global tax and social security for internationally mobile employees. Our work comprises of both advisory and compliance work, meaning you would get involved in advisory projects at an early stage in your career.
You would have early exposure to clients and the opportunity to shadow senior members of the team, attending client calls, meetings and tax briefings. With experience, there would be increased exposure to both client relationships and advisory matters on a broad mix of clients.
We work closely with our colleagues at BDO member firms covering 162 countries, giving you the opportunity to network with colleagues across the globe.
Business Area Overview:
• Assist with advisory matters including tax efficient expatriate remuneration structuring, expatriate policy and assignment planning;
• Research into relevant legislation affecting the design and implementation of tax efficient structure/policy;
• Analyse clients’ reporting obligations to HMRC and complete compliance tasks such as preparation of UK tax returns, tax cost estimates, hypothetical tax and payroll calculations, and complex tax residency reviews.
• Assisting with the preparation of written tax technical reports providing detailed tax advice relating to client specific arrangements.
• Liaise with clients to assist with BDO’s ‘on boarding’ client engagement process, including conducting due diligence on clients and drafting terms of engagement;
• Assisting with services such as pre-departure/post-arrival tax briefings, repatriation assistance for employees and advising on remuneration and incentive plans;
• Assisting with the global co-ordination of a client’s internationally mobile workforce by liaising with colleagues from other BDO international locations to ensure their expatriate tax needs are met.
• Interest in global taxation of internationally mobile employees;
• Intuitive analysed thinking to help clients to consider clients’ commercial objectives and ability to identify potential risks to achieving those objectives.
• Demonstrate strong written and spoken communications to express ideas coherently and clearly.
• Focus on delivering high quality work with attention to detail.
• Demonstrate strong problem solving approaches to tasks.
• Possess a good level of IT skills (experience with excel is particularly desirable).
• Ability to develop strong professional relationships with clients and colleagues within the firm.
• Willingness to learn, undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team and become an expert in the specialist area.
Candidates must have the following grades (or international equivalent):
• A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
• 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects;
• A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language.
We are looking for candidates who display strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others and Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
0 - 0
0 - 0
Graduate Corporate Tax Trainee (ACA/CTA or ATT/CTA) - Peterborough - September 2022
Graduate Tax Trainee (ACA/CTA or ATT/CTA) - Manchester - September 2022
Graduate Tax Trainee (ACA/CTA or ATT/CTA) - Harrogate (Corporate Tax) - September 2022