Tax Graduate - Private Client Services
|Job Title:||Tax Graduate - Private Client Services|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 10:27|
We work with high net worth individuals and families, business owners, trustees and family offices who are seeking an adviser to help them structure their domestic and international affairs in an efficient and compliant manner. We also assist advisers to private clients, working with trust companies, family offices, private banks and lawyers.
For private clients, the need for specialist tax advice and compliance has never been greater. Around the world tax authorities continue to change legislation with it becoming more complex. High quality advice from a leading firm such as BDO, ensuring our clients are compliant whilst making their wealth work in a tax efficient way, is at a real premium and valued by clients.
We listen carefully to the specific needs of our clients and work to deliver exceptional service through practical, bespoke advice, tailored to an individual’s priorities.
BDO’s approach is to bring our advice to life. We advise our clients on what to do, rather than ‘what we know’, assisting our clients and their teams of professional advisers to implement our advice as well as offer ongoing compliance and assurance services as required.
We deliver a comprehensive set of services including asset structuring, succession planning, will planning, trust services, tax compliance, risk management, family business advisory and family office services on a national and international scale.
As a Private Client Services trainee you can expect to be involved with a variety of tasks covering both compliance and advisory work. Throughout your first year you can count on your ‘BDO Buddy’ to help you with the technicalities of the job as well as BDO’s values, procedures and expectations.
From day one you will be given your own client allocation. This allocation will change overtime to reflect your growing knowledge and expertise. Whilst you are encouraged to take full responsibility over your own clients, you will also receive full support from the more senior members of the team who will be overseeing and assisting the whole time.
Throughout the graduate programme you will be studying towards the CTA qualification. This is one of the most rewarding professional qualifications to which BDO offers internal training, courses and materials. The CTA tutors are very supportive and work together with your managers will ensure that you are able to maintain a good balance between your studies and work life.
BDO offer the Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) Qualification on the Level 7 apprenticeship programme. This Apprenticeship is an employer-designed programme which offers a route to become a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA). A career in tax will provide you with variety, if you enjoy working with people, the challenge of problem solving and an ever-changing, dynamic working environment then a career in tax is for you. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
• Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
• Ensure professional standards are met
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealing
• Develop professional relationships with clients and colleagues within the firm
• Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate Trainee - Tax
20000 - 29000
Graduate Trainee - Tax
20000 - 30000
Tax Graduate programme
Tax Compliance Services School and College Leaver Programme
Audit London Client Hub Graduate programme, Birmingham based