Competitive + benefits
BDO Early In Career
30 days ago
A BDO client will generally have some short-term goals and a long-term vision, but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever-changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Description of the industry/ team work
Private Client Services
For private clients, the need for specialist tax advice has never been greater. Around the world, legislation is becoming more complex, tax authorities are hardening their attitudes to tax planning and there is an increased risk of investigation.
Advice that ensures our clients are operating well within the rules, whilst making their wealth work in a way that suits their needs, is at a real premium. We work with high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals and their families, business owners and family offices who are seeking an adviser to help them structure their domestic and international affairs in an efficient and compliant manner. We also provide assistance to advisers to private clients, working with trust companies, private banks and lawyers.
We listen carefully to the specific needs of our clients and work to deliver exceptional service through practical, bespoke advice, tailored to an individual’s priorities.
BDO’s approach is to bring our advice to life. We advise our clients on what to do, rather than ‘what we know’, assisting our clients and their teams of professional advisers to implement our advice. And we offer on-going compliance and assurance services as required.
We deliver a comprehensive set of services including asset structuring, succession planning, will planning, trust services, tax compliance, risk management, family business advisory and family office services on a national and international scale.
We have specialist teams based in London focusing on International Private Wealth, Entrepreneurial Private Wealth, US Private Wealth and Family Private Wealth.
Your training consists of a 3 year structured programme around working and studying. You will study towards CTA (Chartered Institute of Taxation).
Business Area Overview
• Assistance to advisory projects
• Direct contact with clients
• Building professional relationships through networking via our Next Generation events
• Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
• Ensure electronic client files have all relevant documentation in the appropriate folders
• Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
• Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
• Adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the manager
• Assisting other teams within PCS with compliance/analysis
• Communicate with HM Revenue & Customs directly on the behalf of clients
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
• Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.