Tax Graduate - Private Client Services - 2019
|Job Title:||Tax Graduate - Private Client Services - 2019|
|Contact Name:||BDO Early In Career|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2019 09:46|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
A BDO client will generally have some short-term goals and a long-term vision, but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever-changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
Private Client Services
For private clients, the need for specialist tax advice has never been greater. Around the world, legislation is becoming more complex, tax authorities are hardening their attitudes to tax planning and there is an increased risk of investigation.
Advice that ensures our clients are operating well within the rules, whilst making their wealth work in a way that suits their needs, is at a real premium. We work with high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals and their families, business owners and family offices who are seeking an adviser to help them structure their domestic and international affairs in an efficient and compliant manner. We also provide assistance to advisers to private clients, working with trust companies, private banks and lawyers.
We listen carefully to the specific needs of our clients and work to deliver exceptional service through practical, bespoke advice, tailored to an individual’s priorities.
BDO’s approach is to bring our advice to life. We advise our clients on what to do, rather than ‘what we know’, assisting our clients and their teams of professional advisers to implement our advice. And we offer on-going compliance and assurance services as required.
We deliver a comprehensive set of services including asset structuring, succession planning, will planning, trust services, tax compliance, risk management, family business advisory and family office services on a national and international scale.
We have specialist teams based in London focusing on International Private Wealth, Entrepreneurial Private Wealth, US Private Wealth and Family Private Wealth.
Your training consists of a 3 year structured programme around working and studying. You will study towards CTA (Chartered Institute of Taxation).
- Assistance to advisory projects
- Direct contact with clients
- Building professional relationships through networking via our Next Generation events
- Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
- Ensure electronic client files have all relevant documentation in the appropriate folders
- Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
- Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
- Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
- Adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the manager
- Assisting other teams within PCS with compliance/analysis
- Communicate with HM Revenue & Customs directly on the behalf of clients
- Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation.
- Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation
- Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
- Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others & Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Graduate Trainee - Tax
20000 - 29000
Audit/ Tax Graduate roles (SEPT 2021)
Competitive, Unlimited Holidays , Car scheme, Plus more
Senior Associate/Assistant Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Nicosia, Cyprus
0 - 0
Tax Associate (Graduate - Class of 2020)
ACA GRADUATE TRAINEES