Tax School Leaver - Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions
|Job Title:||Tax School Leaver - Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||19000 - 24000|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2018 14:32|
A BDO client will generally have some short–term goals and a long-term vision, but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team. We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
This role will provide Tax services for a variety of clients. You will be part of the Tax team, working with more senior staff to ensure that all client needs are met.
You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients’ business. Initially you will be dealing with tax compliance issues, and as you progress there will be increased exposure to more technical work.
As a Tax Trainee your Programme you will spend time working in the business while studying for a qualification.
Business Area Overview
- Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
- Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
- Prepare client tax returns and computations required by the Senior and Manager
- Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
- Ensure client documents are appropriately filed.
- Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
- Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by more senior staff
- Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
- Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
- Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager