Tax School Leaver - Private Client Services
|Job Title:||Tax School Leaver - Private Client Services|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||19000 - 24000|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2018 14:42|
A BDO client will generally have some short – term goals and a long- term vision- But standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our Job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
To do this, we must offer many different tax services. These include day-to-day compliance with the tax authorities, advice on employment taxation and international tax, transaction support for deals such as mergers and acquisitions, VAT services, expatriate tax advice and more. Such a diverse offering means we need similar variety in our team.
We need specialists who can handle the most technically challenging and sector-specific issues, we need versatile and people-focused individuals who can field a wide range of questions from large owner-managed businesses, and we need brilliant innovators who can work on tailored solutions to address a client’s specific circumstances.
For private clients, the need for specialist tax advice has never been greater. Around the world, legislation is becoming more complex, tax authorities are hardening their attitudes to tax planning and there is an increased risk of investigation.
Advice that ensures our clients are operating well within the rules, whilst making their wealth work in a way that suits their needs – is at a real premium. We work with high net worth and ultrahigh net worth individuals and families, business owners and family offices who are seeking an adviser to help them structure their domestic and international affairs in an efficient and compliant manner. We also provide assistance to advisers to private clients, working with trust companies, family offices, private banks and lawyers.
We listen carefully to the specific needs of our clients and work to deliver exceptional service through practical, bespoke advice, tailored to an individual’s priorities.
BDO’s approach is to bring our advice to life. We advise our clients on what to do, rather than ‘what we know’, assisting our clients and their teams of professional advisers to implement our advice. And we offer ongoing compliance and assurance services as required.
We deliver a comprehensive set of services including asset structuring, succession planning, will planning, trust services, tax compliance, risk management, family business advisory and family office services on a national and international scale.
We have specialist teams based in London focussing on International Private Wealth, Entrepreneurial Private Wealth, US Private Wealth and Entrepreneurial Services and Family Private Wealth.
As a Tax Trainee you will spend time working in the business while studying for your qualification.
Business Area Overview
- Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
- Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
- Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
- Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
- Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
- Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
- Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
- Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
- Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
- Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ATT Tax School Leaver Trainee Programme - Immediate Start
15000 - 20000
School leaver trainee opportunities CFAB/AAT/ACA
Business Services ACA Trainee
Business Services ACA Trainee
ACA Trainee – Financial Services
Competitive + Benefits