Tax School Leaver - Private Client Services
|Job Title:||Tax School Leaver - Private Client Services|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||19000 - 24000|
|Job Published:||April 14, 2018 21:17|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
Achieving my potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
A BDO client will generally have some short-term goals and a long-term vision, but standing in their way will often be a number of tax-related issues. Our job is to act as guides through the complex, ever- changing landscape of tax legislation, to help our clients get where they want to be by the most effective route.
Private Client Services
We work with high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals and families, business owners, trustees and family offices who are seeking an adviser to help them structure their domestic and international affairs in an efficient and compliant manner. We also provide assistance to advisers to private clients, working with trust companies, family offices, private banks and lawyers.
For private clients, the need for specialist tax advice has never been greater. Around the world, legislation is becoming more complex, with tax authorities hardening their attitudes to tax planning and there is an increased risk of investigation.
Advice that ensures our clients are operating well within the rules, whilst making their wealth work in a way that suits their needs – is at a real premium and valued by clients. We listen carefully to the specific needs of our clients and work to deliver exceptional service through practical, bespoke advice, tailored to an individual’s priorities.
BDO’s approach is to bring our advice to life. We advise our clients on what to do, rather than ‘what we know’, assisting our clients and their teams of professional advisers to implement our advice. We also offer on-going compliance and assurance services as required.
We deliver a comprehensive set of services including asset structuring, succession planning, will planning, trust services, tax compliance, risk management, family business advisory and family office services on a national and international scale.
The Southampton office works closely with our London/regional colleagues in providing the very best service to clients but we are nevertheless a distinct local office, active in the local, national and international marketplace.
Business Area Overview
• Assist the Seniors and Managers as part of a wider team to service their clients
• Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
• Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the line manager
• Prepare client tax returns required by the Senior and Manager
• Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
• Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
• Ensure client files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section
• Ensure professional standards are met
Communication and representation:
• Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
• Develop professional relationships with clients and colleagues within the firm
• Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
• Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their manager
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's