Tax Senior Administrator
|Job Title:||Tax Senior Administrator|
|Salary:||£Competitive package, plus excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2019 14:17|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media & entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our teams of accountants, tax advisers and business advisers pride themselves on our entrepreneurial approach to our clients’ personal and business affairs based on trust and expert advice. This, combined with the personalised service and tailored approach our clients receive, means that long-lasting working relationships can continue to be formed.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take an individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understanding and full support.
We are looking for a Senior Administrator to join our growing Tax department in our Borehamwood office. This is a busy and varied role which requires previous experience within administration and ideally within a busy and autonomous environment. Working hours for this role are 0830-1700hrs.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the technical team with HMRC administration such as Submitting CT600’s, completing EIS forms, certificate of residents, Re-allocation of payments with HMRC and checking outstanding liabilities (POA)
- Answering and directing phone calls and queries
- Management of email’s for Senior Managers in the department and ad hoc PA duties
- Distribute draft emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and relevant forms
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Coordinate large scale mail merge correspondence
- Typing correspondence, emails and occasionally reports
- Generate and compile statistical reports for the Management team
- Corresponding with HMRC regarding status on accounts, payment requests and general enquiries
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – Change, Challenge and Commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You’ll ideally have worked within a professional services environment, although those with previous experience in a similar post will be considered. You’ll be confident in communicating with more senior members of staff and not be afraid to ask questions to assist in your progression. Ideally you will also have/be:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven experience as a Senior Administrator, Virtual Assistant or Personal Assistant would be an advantage
- Excellent typing skills
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for ideas, suggestions and improvements
- Ability to manage own workload
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying a level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through trust and credibility.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.