Tax Senior / Tax Manager
|Job Title:||Tax Senior / Tax Manager|
|Salary:||20000 - 33000|
|Contact Name:||Paul Stacey|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2021 15:25|
We are a small practice in Ringwood, Hampshire. www.hub.accountants
We are looking for a Tax senior / semi-senior – or perhaps a tax manager depending on the strength of the candidate.
The role is full -time and expected to start in March / April 2021. Hours: 35 per week.
Salary will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Expected £20,000 - £25,000 for a trainee.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in working in a small compliance practice or want to develop their career in this way.
The role will provide an opportunity to develop either into a chartered accountant, or into a member of the CTA – or perhaps both.
This role could also develop into a tax manager role in the medium / longer term.
Technical skills required:
- Ability to prepare accounts from incomplete records.
- Ability to draft income & expenditure, balance sheet statements in accordance with technical standards.
- Efficient at drafting income tax returns.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong administration / multi-tasking skills.
- Interested in developing tax advisory capability – to cover:
- VAT advice.
- Income tax advice.
- Corporation tax advice (including on R&D tax credits);
- Capital gains tax advice
General skills required:
- Strong IT skills are essential. Including use of wide range of online bookkeeping and accounts preparation applications.
- Client service – excellent in person, on the phone, over Zoom, via email etc.
- The candidate will actively look to add-value and delight clients;
- Personality type:
- Team player.
- Proven completer / finisher.
- Takes ownership, and is determined to complete tasks efficiently.
- Natural attention to detail.
- Multi-tasks easily.
- Well organised.
The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of clients including sole traders, property owners, high net worth individuals, company directors etc.
They will also be required to work “hands-on” as part of a small team. This will require “mucking in” to all aspects of the job including some junior tasks at times as needed.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's