|Job Title:||Tax/Accounts Trainee|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Roche|
|Job Published:||December 16, 2019 14:38|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Accounts/Tax Trainee at our Manchester Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A’Level school leaver, graduate, or similar, looking to commence a career in tax
- Must be a self-motivated, clear-thinking individual with a positive attitude towards learning and a genuine desire to progress. Good organisational and communication skills are essential, as is an ability to work under pressure and as part of a team.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Organised and adaptable
As a Accounts/Tax Trainee at our Manchester Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Assistance with the preparation of self-assessment and income expenditure statements for clients
- Ensuring work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with deadlines
- Assisting colleagues with obtaining information for the completion of accounts and tax returns
- Communication with HMRC ensuring compliance with relevant statutory requirements
- Tax administration and marketing support
- Providing support to the director of probate
- After a successful six month probation period commence a study programme towards AAT qualification
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 23 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support - We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.