15000 - 18000
13 days ago
Baldwins are currently recruiting for a Personal Tax Compliance Trainee to join our office based in Shrewbury. You will play a pivotal part of the team. If you are an ambitious AAT/ ATT studier looking for a career in tax then we are eager to support you.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency
As a Tax Trainee at our Shrewsbury Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of self-assessment and corporate tax returns
- Ensuring work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with deadlines
- Assisting managers and partners with providing tax planning and advisory services to clients
- Communication with HMRC ensuring compliance with relevant statutory requirements
- Tax administration and marketing support
- Providing support to the director of probate
As a Tax Trainee at our Shrewsbury Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Organised and adaptable
- Pro-active and keen to learn
- IT skills – Excel, Word
- ATT/AAT Qualifications desirable
- Minimum degree educated or studying towards your AAT/ ATT
- Working hours – (9am – 5.15pm Monday to Thursday. 9am – 4pm Friday)
- Holidays - 20 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays. 3 days to be kept for Christmas
- Sick Pay - Discretionary
- Notice period - Dependant on level of role
- Probationary Period - Set by local Director.
- Free parking
- Pension - Auto enrolment compliance
- A competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to progress in your career within a growing company
- Death in Service cover
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times.