Chelms 2021 Spring
12 days ago
LB Group is a UK accountancy firm with offices in London, Chelmsford, Colchester and Ipswich. Our services include: - Accounting, Tax, Audit, Business Services and Corporate Finance.
We are looking for a trainee accountant in our Chelmsford office, ideally able to start in the spring. By joining us as a Trainee Accountant you will be able to study for your professional qualifications whilst working as part of a team which will prepare accounts for Groups, Companies, LLPs and sole traders as well as gaining auditing experience.
We are looking for AAT trainee applicants who have a minimum of 3 A levels at grade C or above or an equivalent business-related vocational qualification. You are expected to also have 8 A-C GCSE's including Maths and English, or equivalent.
We are also interested in ACA or ACCA applicants and would expect you to have a minimum 2:1 degree, a 2:2 in exceptional circumstances will be considered. 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C (minimum 96 UCAS points – new tariff) and 8 A-C GCSE's including Maths and English, or equivalent
Key skills and attributes required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible and reliable
- Proactive attitude and professional approach to work
- A firm commitment to providing top quality client service.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Active listening skills, asking questions when necessary
- A willingness to learn and a personal drive to complete professional development
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Highly numerate
- Results-driven with a desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to thrive in a busy fast-paced environment
- Wider experiences demonstrating other skills such as leadership or team-working
- Work experience in a commercial environment
To apply, please upload (using the following link https://hr.breathehr.com/v/trainee-accountant-chelmsford-14643) your CV with a covering letter, explaining why you want to work for us and how you meet our criteria as above. Please ensure you enclose full details of academic qualifications (including predicted results where applicable).
We note that trainee recruitment is more successful for an autumn start, due to the academic year, but we hope to find someone who has perhaps taken a gap year due to the current uncertain circumstances. You are encouraged to apply early, as telephone interviews will be scheduled without delay, and if successful in the early shortlist, you should also be available to undertake ability testing and a second interview within the coming weeks.
The final deadline for applications in 26 February 2021, if we receive a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early, so please apply as soon as possible to secure your application.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.