|Job Title:||Trainee Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Chris Howlett|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2021 10:44|
What we need, in a nutshell
This is a great opportunity to start a fulfilling career in finance & accounting with an exciting company. Assisting the banking team initially, you will gain hands-on experience in a busy accounting department and begin studying for your accounting qualifications.
Who are we?
We’re shaking up the Great British holiday. At our nine amazing UK resorts we pull out all the stops and add the bells and whistles to give our guests the holiday of a lifetime.
Our vision is to have a footprint that spans the UK, with enough parks to take on the big players. We want an Away Resorts park to be a couple of hours away from everyone, wherever you live in the UK. But we don’t just want to be big. We want to be the best too.
Plans include both acquisition of additional parks and further development of our existing portfolio to offer a more contemporary experience. Find out more about our holiday experience on our website: http://www.awayresorts.co.uk
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working closely with the Company Accountant, initially as part of the banking team as well as providing support to the management accounting team
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- You’ll be the key contact within the banking team and will be responsible for responding to queries from parks and central support
- Perform the bank reconciliation, posting of receipts and card transaction reconciliations, allocation of payments and investigate any queries
- Processing daily takings and processing refunds
- Process expense credit cards and petty cash claims
- Assisting the systems accounts teams to automate reporting processes
- Potential to grow into the management accounts team and produce management accounts for parks
- Help to design, create & implement reporting solutions that provide insightful knowledge for the business decision makers
- Assisting with reporting queries and provide support during the statutory audit
- Various ad hoc project work
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
In this trainee accounting role, it’s your mindset that matter most and, if you can tick the following boxes, we’d love to hear from you:
- A university degree
- GCSE English and Mathematics at a grade of B/6 or above
- A real desire to study towards being a qualified accountant;- ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- An enthusiasm for learning, even out-of-hours
- The potential to be comfortable working independently on projects,
- Good time-management
This is a key role in a small team and so it is vital you are a self-starter and are comfortable working with minimal supervision. Over time you will be expected to independently create reports and analysis that is easily understood and add value to the business.
We are looking for a candidate who can bring a fresh perspective to the team, helping to drive efficiencies and best practice into the existing structure.
What we can offer you
- Bonus Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Discounts on Away Resorts Holidays
- On Park Discounts
- Awards and Recognition
Our Promise to You
Holiday Heroes come with all sorts of different super-powers, and we welcome them all!
We embrace diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities. From our investors to our teams, we love that everyone comes from different backgrounds, allowing us to grow and inspire each other. We’ll never accept any form of discrimination and we’ll forever strive not just for our product to be unique but our people too. After all, wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same? In short, we want you to bring your whole self to work!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's