1 day ago
Job Title: Trainee Accountant
Ref: SOUTH 16
As a Trainee Accountant at our Launceston Office will have a breadth of responsibilities with a mixture of financial year-end; business and personal taxation; one-off projects; close involvement with a specific client base; management accounting and general business administration. This would suit someone with a wish for diversity and a variety of challenges within an interactive work environment. This opportunity is considerable and there will be few constraints to your personal growth and development save only in your own calibre and ability.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
The Launceston office currently has a team of 14 dealing with a variety of businesses and tax issues, including a small number of audit clients. About one third of our clients are farmers or linked to the agricultural sector. The majority of our clients are small to medium sized family run businesses.
As a Trainee Accountant at our Launceston office:
- Be a point of contact for a mixture of delegated and newly-won clients, manage their basic accounting needs and undertake ad hoc assignments
- Complete year-end accounts to manager review stage for sole traders, limited companies and limited liability partnerships
- Prepare personal and partnership tax returns to include PAYE, unearned income, tax deductions, pensions, self-employed and partnership income
- Complete business tax returns and supplementary reports for HMRC
- Increase your personal knowledge through education, training and experience
- Be able to train and develop staff and clients on new business software, internal controls and procedures, and getting the best from their own resources
- Maintain a personal development plan to update technical knowledge through formal and informal training to recognised standards
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on Microsoft Word, Excel and a recognised accounting package - Sage or similar, and be able to learn new accounting programs within short timescales
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as delegated or requested within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company
As a Trainee Accountant at our Launceston office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- AAT student or recently AAT qualified
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time
- Team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed the most unreasonable customers demands
- Career minded, dedicated and willing to prove your worth.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self development.
If you enjoy pasties, cream teas and life in a small rural market town Launceston may be the place for you !
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.