|Job Title:||Trainee Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Emma Mitchell|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019 12:47|
Trainee Accountant – London
Who we are
An award-winning bank here to help Britain’s go-getters.
More about us
In 2009, Aldermore set out to be the bank helping those with ideas, big and small, to realise their dreams and to seek and seize opportunity in their personal and professional lives. We call it banking for the bold. Today, we’re an award-winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain’s small businesses through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen. Join us if you want to find yourself at the heart of a dynamic, growing organisation where our employees are empowered to grow their expertise and build their careers.
We are excited to be able to offer a Level 7 apprenticeship as part of our advanced training programme. This will allow the successful candidate to obtain a leading accountancy qualification affiliated by ACA and a membership of the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountant in England and Wales) all whilst obtaining comprehensive in the role accounting experience across a range of disciplines.
This is a 3 year apprenticeship that will consist of 4 x 9 month rotations in different areas of the business to develop your knowledge and experience within accounting, listed below are examples of the roles you can expect to learn.
- Professional communication with various stakeholders across the bank
- Development of relationships and build a strong network of people across Finance and the wider Group
Reporting – Financial and Regulatory
- Supporting the Statutory reporting process and the production of final accounts
- Assisting in the month end reporting process and collating the information from other areas of Finance
- Support and assist with reporting the monthly financial and non-financial information to our parent company
- Assist and support the production of regulatory reporting to the Bank of England and other relevant bodies
Financial & Management Accounts
- Prepare, process and review P&L and B/S accounting entries
- Review monthly P&L and B/S to ensure accuracy and to perform variance analysis
- Review the direct income and expenses to understand the drivers behind the figures
- Reconcile, substantiate and analyse the Balance Sheet, resolving issues in a timely fashion
- Assist in providing financial disclosures to Group Financial Reporting Team
- Support the production of analytical reports to management and Financial Reporting
- Provide support and assistance on an ad hoc basis to other teams within Financial Control and Mortgages
Financial, Planning and Analysis
- Supporting the FP&A Managers in the production of performance packs, slides and commentary for various governance boards and forecast /budget packs
- Supporting the delivery of the monthly forecasting process (cash flow and monthly rolling forecasts)
To be considered for this opportunity you must have a degree at 2:1 or above in an analytically biased subject i.e. Finance, Mathematics or Economics.
You must also be:
- Organised and prepared to work and study during the 3 years
- A keen eye for detail and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Able to work under tight deadlines, with the highest standards of quality and to adapt to a fast paced and growing company whilst driving process efficiencies.
- Assertive, knowledgeable and adaptable with an interest and curiosity to make a difference.
As you would expect, this opportunity offers a competitive basic salary and reward package, and you’ll also benefit from our commitment to investing in your professional development.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's