|Job Title:||Trainee Accountant|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Contact Name:||Josie Powell|
|Job Published:||August 21, 2019 10:48|
Job Title: Trainee Accountant
Ref: South 530
As a Trainee Accountant at our Barnstaple Office you will have a breadth of responsibilities with a mixture of financial year-end; business and personal taxation; one-off projects; close involvement with a specific client base; management accounting and general business administration. This position would suit someone with a wish for diversity and a variety of challenges within an interactive work environment. There will be various opportunities to enable your personal growth and development in your chosen career.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3000 staff in over 90+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Trainee Accountant at our Barnstaple Office, you will be responsible for:
- Be a point of contact for a mixture of delegated and newly-won clients, manage their basic accounting needs and undertake ad hoc assignments
- Complete year-end accounts to manager review stage for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies
- Prepare personal and partnership tax returns to include PAYE, unearned income, tax deductions, pensions, self-employed and partnership income
- Complete business tax returns and supplementary reports for HMRC
- Increase your personal knowledge through education, training and experience
- Be able to train and develop staff and clients on new business software, internal controls and procedures, and getting the best from their own resources
- Maintain a personal development plan to update technical knowledge through formal and informal training to recognised standards
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on Microsoft Word, Excel and a recognised accounting package – Sage, Xero or similar, and be able to learn new accounting programs within short timescales
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as delegated or requested within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company
As a Trainee Accountant at our Barnstaple office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Early stages of studying for AAT qualification
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time
- Team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed the most unreasonable customers demands
- Career minded, dedicated and willing to prove your worth.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter including salary expectations and notice period to Josie Powell at email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's