|Job Title:||Trainee Accountant|
|Salary:||20000 - 25000|
|Contact Name:||Karla Filipova|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2019 16:05|
Rethinking accountancy: bright trainees required
‘We put our people first’ may not be something that you expect to hear from a firm of accountants and tax advisers. But we understand that doing this helps our business to succeed, our clients to flourish and our communities to thrive. We work together to make a difference. Here’s your opportunity to do the same.
We’re pleased to invite applications for new trainees at BKL in February and August 2020, both in our Cambridge and London offices.
We have opportunities for:
- The training of AAT followed by either ACA/CTA or ACCA depending on your specialisation
- The training of ATT followed by CTA
- The training of ACA whereby you will study the CTA joint programme
(We’ve used quite a few abbreviations there. AAT is the Association of Accounting Technicians; ACA is Associate Chartered Accountant; CTA is Chartered Tax Adviser; ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; ATT is the Association of Taxation Technicians.)
All training will be provided on an apprenticeship scheme.
Whether you join us from school or from university, we will train you and support you. Whatever subjects you’ve studied, being bright, professional, and a clear communicator is what matters to us. We like working with people who are willing to be challenged, ready to be inspired and keen to collaborate.
Formal training and beyond
We’ll provide structured development on audit, outsourcing, accounts and tax. Your IT training will come from our own experts and other experienced trainers. We work closely with Kaplan, whose apprenticeship training encompasses leading online learning technologies, award-winning study materials and highly experienced tutors.
You’ll develop your wider interpersonal and professional skills, again with internal and external providers. After you’ve qualified, we’ll continue to support your growth through additional professional qualifications, new development programmes, a range of work opportunities and careers guidance.
What we look for
These roles are particularly suited to people who like problem solving and a fast-changing environment. In all our roles, we value people who are happy to work independently while recognising that BKL thrives on teamwork. By using leading software, we make our clients’ lives easier and you will be at the forefront of this by welcoming technology.
You will be expected to develop and deliver technical excellence, which means you’ll need the qualities that this will demand: resilience is important. You need to be able to study and to advance your thinking. We’re open to how you demonstrate this. Traditionally it’s done through academic results, but that doesn’t have to be the case. Feel free to surprise us!
Qualifications: what you’ll need
For non-graduate roles (AAT/ATT) you could demonstrate this by having or expecting to gain:
- 280 UCAS points or more (112 UCAS points for those who passed exams from 2017 onwards)
- GCSE grades A*to C (including a B or above in Maths and English Language, or a 5 for those who passed exams from 2017 onwards)
- or the equivalent qualifications / alternative higher qualifications
For graduate roles (ACA/CTA) you could demonstrate this by having or expecting to gain:
- 2:1 degree (at least)
- 300 UCAS points or more (120 UCAS points for those who passed exams from 2017 onwards)
- GCSE grades A* to C (including a B or above in Maths and English Language, or a 5 for those who passed exams from 2017 onwards)
- or the equivalent qualifications
What we offer
As trainees at a UK Top 50 accountancy firm, you will enjoy:
- Paid study support and development opportunities
- Private medical cover
- Season ticket loan
- Holiday entitlement that increases the longer you work with us
- A varied calendar of social, wellbeing and inclusion & diversity events
- Voluntary work with our sponsored causes
The application and selection process
If you’re interested in building your professional career at BKL and making a difference to our team, our clients and our firm, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please send a covering letter/email and an up-to-date CV for the attention of Karla Filipova to email@example.com and indicate which part of our training programme you’re applying for (AAT, ATT or ACA/CTA).
We expect you to explain your motivation to apply for a role at BKL and we need you to share your (expected) grades in your CV with us.
Aptitude and psychometric testing will be part of our selection process. The in-house selection days will take place on 7, 8, 12, 20, 27 and 29 November 2019. The expected start dates of our intakes will be 03 February 2020 and 10 August 2020.