Newcastle upon Tyne
10 days ago
As a Trainee Accountant at our Seaton Burn office, your main responsibilities will be assisting in the preparation of service charge accounts, ensuring that the service is delivered in a timely manner to meet strict deadlines and that existing relationships with clients are maintained to a high standard. The training placement is based in our dedicated service charge accounting team, who provide compliance services to over 1,100 resident management companies.
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Trainee Accountant at our Seaton Burn office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining excellent client relationships with managing agents;
- Preparing service charge accounts using a range of software such as CCH accounts production and Microsoft Excel;
- Adhere to relevant professional standards;
- Manage your time to ensure timely completion of assignments and contribute to financial and other performance targets;
- Build relationships with staff and clients to add to the credibility and reputation of Booth Ainsworth.
- Complete an AAT apprenticeship through Kaplan, the Baldwin Group’s chosen training provider.
- This detailed job description may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties and level of responsibilities entailed. It is a requirement of all employees that they accept elements of flexibility in duties and responsibilities and when necessary interchange within the firm to meet the changing needs and demands of the business. Such a requirement will enable the particular expertise of the postholder to be developed and maximised to the mutual benefit of both employer and employee.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 23 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support - We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.