|Job Title:||Trainee Accountant|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Location:||Harrow on the Hill|
|Salary:||12000 - 19000|
|Contact Name:||Sanjay Kumar Sah|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2020 13:21|
Trainee Accountant (ACA) – Makesworth Accountants
Makesworth Accountants is a multi award winning firm of Charted Certified Accountants based on Harrow-On-the-Hill, London.
We are one of the leading accounting firms with dedicated team of highly qualified professionals providing specialised service for a variety of businesses. Maintenance of high quality standard with client satisfaction has always been our priority. We offer services ranging from Accountancy and Compliance, Payroll and CIS, VAT, Taxation Advice, Self-assessments. We use Sage, Xero, QuickBooks, FreeAgent and TaxCalc depending on the nature and requirement of clients’ business.
As an ICAEW Approved Training Employer and ACCA Approved Employer, we are currently looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic individual to join our team. We have high standards and we are looking for candidates with excellent academic background and aspiring to become a qualified chartered accountant.
What Makesworth can offer you
We offer challenging career opportunities to ACA trainees, which includes study support and opportunity to work on variety of businesses. Makesworth has a unique client base, which makes it possible for our employees to have exposure towards a wide range of industries. As a part of a growing small firm, trainees will have the opportunity to work on variety of projects with clients of all sizes
We always encourage our trainees to maximise their potential. An excellent career opportunity shall be provided upon successful completion of the qualification. We will provide:
- Competitive Salary and Study support to complete ACA/ACCA
- Full training and support will be provided to the eligible candidates along with mentoring to assist you with exams
- Assistance will be provided to develop technical skills needed to succeed. Trainees will benefit from direct deal with a range of our clients across United Kingdom.
- Paid leave for exams in addition to 28 days’ annual holiday including bank holidays.
Responsibilities of Trainee Chartered Accountant:
Trainees will be expected to work in all the aspects of Accounting including but not limited to: Bookkeeping, Taxation, VAT, and Payroll & Accounts Preparation.
- Maintenance of the database and manual records for all our clients
- Process client VAT data with the preparation of VAT Returns
- Preparation of bookkeeping and management accounts for small and medium businesses.
- Assisting AM in accounts preparation with other financial statements
- Assisting AM in computation of personal and corporation returns
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with basic client queries
- Liaising with the clients verbally and in writing i.e. emails and letters
- Following and managing your own workflow
- Gaining an understanding of various accounting software including QuickBooks, Xero, and Free agent etc.
- Completing reconciliations for bank accounts, purchase and sales ledger.
- Preparing PAYE and VAT reconciliations.
- Working as part of a team, administration and other ad hoc tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements
- Ambitious and aspiring to become a qualified Chartered Accountants
- Excellent communication skills are required to liaise and engage with clients as we are involved in people focused business
- Flexible and can do attitude
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Competent IT and numerical skills
- Reliable with an organized approach to work and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Can demonstrate leadership qualities with problem-solving skills and a team player
- Minimum A Level
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) grade B or above.
- Graduates can also apply
If you are looking forward to a challenging and rewarding career, please send a cover letter and a copy of CV to email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's