TRAINEE ACCOUNTANT AAT/ACA
|Job Title:||TRAINEE ACCOUNTANT AAT/ACA|
|Salary:||18000 - 22000|
|Contact Name:||Tina Felton|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2020 16:59|
We are currently looking to recruit for an AAT/ACA Trainee.
We do not expect the successful candidate to have had any experience of accounting prior to commencing this role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Preparation of accounts (annual and management) for companies, charities, partnerships, sole traders and all other entities. This will be achieved using one, or a combination of different computerised packages including Caseware, Sage, Xero and Excel to name a few. This will also involve producing relevant working papers and completing work programmes (for annual assignments only).
- Working as a member of audit teams and performing audit work in accordance with instructions given by more senior staff. This will also involve specialist audit assignments, which require different approaches to standard audit assignments.
- Studying for a recognised accountancy qualification
Suitable candidates must meet ALL OF the following criteria:
- Good experience and knowledge of Microsoft office software, specifically Excel & Word
- At least 5 GCSEs at Grade B or above plus English & Maths and at least three "A" level passes at Grade C or above (or the equivalent) (for the AAT Trainee). A degree level qualification is not necessary for this role, but any suitable candidates who hold a degree must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree qualification. The ACA route which will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on their highest level of academic achievement held.
- Possess a good command of English, both written and spoken
- Live within a 20 mile radius of central London
- Hold a valid EC passport or suitable work permit, it would also be a great benefit if the successful candidate held a valid EC driving licence
- HOURS: Flexi-time office arrangements based on 35-hour week; four weeks holiday, plus 8 statutory bank holidays and 2 additional customary holidays
- PAY: Starting Salary £18,000 to £22,000 depending on the academic qualifications of the successful candidate
- TRAINING: Training will be given both internally and externally as necessary on relevant courses
- AAT/ACA courses are offered on a day release basis and with paid study leave for all first attempt courses
Closing date Friday 31st January 2020
If your application is successful you will be contacted for a telephone interview initially and then if you reach the next stage you will be invited to join us for an interview with one of our partners and one of our managers during the week commencing 10th February 2020.
If you are interested in the above vacancy and meet ALL of the criteria then please email your CV and a covering letter/email (explaining why you are interested in and why you feel you are suitable for this vacancy) to Tina Felton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We must stress we will not consider any applications where they do not meet all of the above criteria and who do not provide a detailed cover letter/email as requested.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's