|Job Title:||Trainee Bookkeeper|
|Salary:||£Competitive package with excellent benefits and study support|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||December 30, 2019 09:10|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our teams of accountants, tax advisers and business advisers pride themselves on our entrepreneurial approach to our clients’ personal and business affairs based on trust and expert advice. This, combined with the personalised service and tailored approach our clients receive, means that long-lasting working relationships can continue to be formed.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understand and full support.
We are looking for a Trainee Bookkeeper to join our growing Audit and Accounts team in our Borehamwood office. This is a busy and varied role and would suit an Undergraduate who is keen to progress their career within an accountancy practice.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing bookkeeping services in an accurate and timely manner
- Posting of sales and purchase invoices
- Data input into accounting software
- Posting of journals for the completion of bookkeeping to trial balance level, ensuring all the control accounts are fully reconciled (including Bank, VAT, Payroll, etc)
- Responding to client queries
- Assisting the team with ad hoc duties and projects
- Ensuring all client work is completed within applicable lodgement and work schedule deadlines
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You will ideally hold a degree in a relevant discipline, however those with relevant experience or similar qualifications will be considered. Basic knowledge of VAT law and compliance would be desirable. You’ll be confident in communicating with more senior members of staff and not be afraid to ask questions to assist in your progression.
You will also have/be:
- Professional practice experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of bookkeeping services (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of VAT law and compliance (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (essential)
- Strong communication skills between clients, staff and management (essential)
- Good interpersonal skills with clients, staff and management (essential)
- Good computer operational skills (essential)
- Strong time management skills (essential)
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's