8 days ago
Clive Owen LLP
We are looking for graduates to work in our busy audit and accounts department in our Darlington office. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a mid-tier size firm to become a chartered accountant.
You will undertake audit and accounts work for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies and gain experience from a variety of sectors including charity, education, retail, construction, manufacturing, transport, and solicitors.
The key duties of the role are:
- Preparation of accounts from a variety of client’s systems including Sage, Xero, QBO etc
- Participating in on site audits as a junior (COVID restrictions permitting) and undertaking relevant tasks as required by the audit senior
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Clearing review points and actioning queries raised by colleagues
- Acting as a point of contact for clients for ad hoc queries
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a recent graduate with a relevant degree at 2.1 or above
- Have 3 A levels at grade A - C (or equivalent)
- Relevant accounts experience would be advantageous
- Experience of using accountancy software is desirable
- Be willing to learn
- Have an enthusiasm to pursue a career in accountancy
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service
- Have excellent communication skills and be confident speaking to clients face to face, over the telephone and by email
- Have excellent IT skills including Excel
The role includes full study support for the prestigious ICAEW ACA qualification. This is undertaken as an apprenticeship and includes course fees, study materials, exam fees, travel expenses, study leave and annual ICAEW student membership. ACA trainees can also obtain the ICAEW’s Audit Qualification (AQ).
The role offers a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme and 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays. We offer additional benefits such as the option to purchase an extra 5 days holiday, free car parking, a cycle to work scheme, Perkbox and discounted health care. We also offer the ability to accrue TOIL and we pay for professional subscriptions.