|Job Title:||Trainee Officer|
|Salary:||25000 - 50000|
|Contact Name:||Zunaira Javaid|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2021 10:57|
The Ijaz Group is a global accounting, tax, management, and technology consulting firm serving nonprofit organizations, government clients, private companies, and private individuals. We offer our clients with innovative solutions to help them navigate complex regulations and focus on their growth.
This is an opportunity to learn and grow with a supportive organization.
We are providing Training Opportunity in Association with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to ACCA affiliates and members to complete their mandatory training period and to enhance their professional skills on the job in the corporate environment.
Trainee Accountants work with our talented team of Accounting Consultants to develop their knowledge of accounting at the start of their careers. Trainees are tasked with various accounting responsibilities for multiple outsourced client engagements, including performing the month-end close process, processing payroll, and benefits, and reviewing the accounts payable and receivable function.
This is an entry-level position and is well-suited to trainees with strong numeracy skills, the ability to retain objectivity with regards to confidential information, and who are able to follow instructions effectively.
The training period shall be 3 Years.
First-year with the Ijaz Group:
After an extensive onboarding program, trainees begin to:
- Learn how to use accounting software as well as the various apps and systems to meet the clients' bookkeeping needs and be able to prepare accurate and value-added management accounts
- Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients' business
- Understand the apps within our App Stack and how they should be used for the clients
- Input income and expense entries into accounting systems
- Reviewing entries for accuracy and making the necessary corrections if they spot anything that’s wrong before filing the documents in the corresponding place.
Our internally developed training program ensures that all our trainees get the skill set they need to excel in their careers. Their first year is about learning about The Ijaz Group, getting to know team members and clients. Trainees have regular check-ins with their team leads who make sure that trainees are settling into The Ijaz Group life well and are staying on track with their goals.
Second-year with the Ijaz Group:
- Trainees are expected to learn what is needed and provide the support needed for their team.
- Trainees are assigned with lower-tier clients, and they start to work independently to handle the requests of clients on their own (but always with the support of a Consultant or Senior Consultant).
- Trainees start helping their supervisors with mid-tier and top-tier clients in month-end book closing.
Third-year with the Ijaz Group:
- By the third year, trainees are fully integrated into The Ijaz Group. They develop deeper relationships with team members as well as the clients. They encounter new accounting systems, new procedures, and prepared information requests.
- As trainees grow their skill set, the client portfolio for trainees also continues to grow to mid and top-tier clients. They manage month-end closing and year-end closing.
- They communicate with external auditors for yearly audits at the grant level and organizational level.
- Self-review their own work, ensuring Consultants and Senior Consultants raise minimal review points
- Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which they apply to a given set of accounts
- Finally, trainees are expected to take responsibility for the incoming batch of trainees in their team. Senior trainees train them and review their work.
- By the end of three years with the firm, trainees have a good understanding of the following software:
- Accounting Software: Quick Books Online, Sage Intacct, Bill.com, and ADP
- Database Software: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access
- ACCA Qualified/Affiliate
What we offer:
As a growing accounting and consulting firm, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional development training opportunities.
- Competitive Salary with an annual increment
- Medical & Dental Health Benefit
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible working environment
- Professional development training opportunities
For more information, please visit ijazgroup.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's