Trainee Practice Accountant
|Job Title:||Trainee Practice Accountant|
|Contract Type:||School Leavers|
|Salary:||12000 - 18000|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Barnett|
|Job Published:||July 07, 2021 14:07|
TaxAssist Accountants are the largest network of accountants, currently working from over 300 locations throughout the UK. They specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings and tax advice to small businesses. They have 80,000 clients including Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Personal Taxpayers.
About the role
This opportunity is ideal for a range of individuals from those starting their career in accountancy and those looking to further study. From school leavers, graduates and those already in a practice environment looking to progress.
We are looking for someone who enjoys client interaction, likes working in a positive and collaborative environment and wants to provide a great service to clients. You will have a confident and ‘can do’ attitude.
The role will appeal to those looking for a career in general practice, one that will see you provide a broad range of services to a varied client base from business start-ups through to SMEs, OMBs and medium size companies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Direct client contact
- Analysis of client records using leading edge cloud software
- Preparation of Accounts and tax returns for sole traders and partnership businesses
- Preparation of Personal tax returns
- Bookkeeping and drafting of vat returns
Training will be provided on the practice software suite and you will have the opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills with access to the TaxAssist National Training Academy.
Ideally you will have a desire to succeed with a strong work ethic and have the following attributes:
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• The ability to develop strong client/colleague relationships
• Drive and ambition with a high focus towards customer service.
• Excellent IT Skills –Microsoft packages essential and accounting systems desirable
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• The ability to work unsupervised and to strict deadlines.
Please note this role is based in Lincoln, UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's