US/UK Tax Trainee
|Job Title:||US/UK Tax Trainee|
|Salary:||Up to £30,000+/annum, including performance related bonus (depending upon qualification)|
|Contact Name:||Thaynara Sanatana|
|Job Published:||November 08, 2019 13:54|
Please read carefully and in full before applying.
We are a boutique but growing international tax advisory firm looking to hire a graduate to be trained in the preparation and advisory of US taxes for American expats living in the UK as well as UK taxes for non-dom taxpayers. These areas are significantly more complex than regular UK tax and are a very niche area of practice.
We are easy-going in life but serious about our work, and are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and competent trainee to assist the Partners and team in the preparation of client case work and handling client issues. We will train you from the ground up and support you in the process of becoming an
Enrolled Agent (the IRS qualification for tax advisors) and ATT. If you perform you could build a very successful career in the dual US/UK area.
In the first instance you will be, among other things:
* Learning the rules regarding taxation of US citizens abroad including: what is taxable income, treatment of capital gains and investment income, foreign tax credits, dealing with foreign corporations owned by US citizens
* Learning the rules regarding UK taxes for non-dom (and regular UK taxpayers)
* Using MS Excel to organise, analyse and manipulate client information
* Performing the initial processing and the primary preparation of client case work using our complex tax software to produce the first draft of client output
* Liaising with clients to request outstanding information and update them on progress
* Performing research into various tax topics as necessary
* Assisting with the management of the overall client book
We require someone who completes their work to a high standard, has very good attention to detail, can take the initiative, can learn quickly, and fit well within the team.
* To be a graduate with at least a 2:1 degree score from a Russel Group university (or equivalent)
* To be very numerate and be able to understand complex concepts and apply them to new scenarios; and be able to handle lots of numbers with accuracy
* To have a very good attention to detail, be a quick learner and be well organized
* To demonstrate an interest in tax / accounting / numbers / logic / law / language
* A strong work ethic and be enthusiastic and proactive, and be able to work independently and in a team
* To live within an easy commute of the office in London, currently located in Finchley Central N3 but soon to be relocating to Central London
* Impeccable written and spoken English language skills, including good telephone manner
* To be competent with intermediate use of Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products
* To be pleasant to have in the office and work well with the small team
Salary is up to £30k+ including performance related bonus (dependent upon qualifications). Paid holiday of 23 days plus bank holidays is included.
Please provide a brief
(175 words max) covering letter with your application explaining why you suit
this role specifically. Your application will not be reviewed without one.
References will be required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
KPMG Channel Islands Tax Trainee vacancies
Graduate Trainee - Assurance
20000 - 29000
Competitive + benefits
KPMG Channel Islands Trainee positions
24000 - 38000
ACA Audit & Accounts Trainee (Graduate) - September 2020 Start